Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tip #1: Go to Bed at the Same Time


This is a tip someone gave me just before David and I married. I remember thinking, ‘Huh, that seems like a good idea.’  So David and I discussed it and decided that when we got married, we would make it a habit to go to bed together. We quickly saw that it could easily get away from us, as we weren’t always tired at the same time, or one of us had a show we wanted to watch. Over the years, though, we have remained committed to doing this, regardless of all the excuses we could use not to, and I honestly think our marriage is stronger for it.  
It is so simple but so impactful. For most of us, our days are busy. We have all kinds of things that require our time and attention. Being committed to going to bed at the same time allows my husband and I to focus on each other every day. It is honestly my favorite part of every day. It gives us time to talk together, be silly, discuss our dreams, see what God is doing, pray, and all the other great things that marriage brings. 
I can’t remember where the tip came from. I wish I could so I can thank them. It has truly been a blessing in our marriage.  I hope if you haven’t already done this, you will try it, and it will be a blessing to you and your spouse, too! 
Prayer: Lord, thank you for the awesome gift of marriage! I p
ray that you will continue strengthening the marriage bond between David and me and those who read this post. More than any other, we trust our marriage to You. We know as the author and creator of marriage, there is absolutely no one better to turn to. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tip #5: Meet in the Middle

This tip comes from the man Himself, Jesus. (Like many of these tips, it was pointed out to us by our amazing pre-marriage counselor.) It ...